terms and conditions
- The online store operating under the address 123camp.eu is run by the company 123labs.eu Sp. z o.o., headquartered in Wrocław at 74/320 J. Piłsudski Street, registered in the National Court Register under the number KRS 0000491678, with a share capital of 50,000 fully paid, VAT ID 8971795414, and REGON 022314307.
- The store conducts the sale of goods via the Internet, providing information about them on the website www.123camp.eu
- The store’s customers can be individuals and legal entities.
- Orders can be placed in the store 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Their fulfillment is carried out according to the conditions specified in the Shipping Terms section.
- To place an order, the customer must specify the type and quantity of the ordered goods, the payment method, as well as the delivery and billing address.
- By placing an order, the customer agrees to the processing of personal data for the purpose of order fulfillment.
- To place an order, the customer must accept the store’s terms and conditions, confirmed when submitting the order, as well as the Promotion Regulations, if applicable.
- Parcel shipments are made on weekdays – from Monday to Friday – until 12 p.m.
- Parcels sent by courier reach the recipient in Poland on the next working day after dispatch.
- In the case of “cash on delivery” orders, orders placed after 12 p.m. are processed on the next working day.
- In the case of prepayment to an account, the parcel is sent on the next working day after the funds are credited to our account. We wait for payment for 5 working days – after this time, the order is automatically canceled.
- In the event of package damage or discrepancies in the contents of the shipment, please inform the store. We kindly ask you to prepare a damage report in the presence of the courier delivering the shipment (this procedure will expedite the complaint process and allow the store operator to claim compensation from the carrier).
The above conditions apply to shipping within Poland. International shipments require individual arrangements.
In the event of the consumer providing an incorrect delivery address and the package being received at the indicated address, the shipment is considered properly delivered. In the event of non-delivery of the shipment due to the consumer’s fault and its return to the sender, the cost of return and re-shipment of the ordered goods is borne by the consumer.
Logistics operators: entrepreneurs engaged professionally and permanently in the transportation of goods in domestic and international transport, providing transport and postal or forwarding services, whose orders are placed through the Service. The operators are:
- DPD Polska Sp. z o.o. (Dynamic Parcel Distribution) with its headquarters in Warsaw, 02-274 Warsaw, Mineralna 15, registered in the National Court Register maintained by the District Court for the capital city of Warsaw in Warsaw, 13th Economic Department of the National Court Register under the number KRS 0000028368, VAT ID: 526-020-41-10, REGON 012026421, share capital: PLN 228,604,000 (hereinafter referred to as “DPD”).
- UPS Polska Sp. z o.o. (United Parcel Service) with its headquarters in Warsaw, 01-222 Warsaw, Prądzyńskiego 1/3, registered in the National Court Register maintained by the District Court for the capital city of Warsaw in Warsaw, 12th Economic Department of the National Court Register under the number KRS 0000036680, VAT ID: 522-10-04-200, REGON 0771280, share capital: PLN 5,027,000 (hereinafter referred to as “UPS”).
- TNT WORLDWIDE (Poland) Sp. z o.o. with its headquarters in Warsaw, Annopol 19, 03-236 Warsaw, registered in the National Court Register maintained by the District Court for the capital city of Warsaw in Warsaw, 13th Economic Department of the National Court Register under the number KRS 0000357766, VAT ID: 634-27-50-606, share capital: PLN 164,990,000.00 (hereinafter referred to as “TNT”).
- FedEx Express Poland sp. z o.o. (FedEx), registered and correspondence address: 03-236 Warsaw, Annopol 19, registered in the National Court Register maintained by the District Court for the capital city of Warsaw in Warsaw, 13th Economic Department of the National Court Register under the number KRS 0000357766, VAT ID: 6342750606, REGON: 6342750606, providing courier services.
- DHL Express (Poland) Sp. z o.o. with its headquarters in Warsaw (02-823), at Osmańska 2, registered in the National Court Register maintained by the District Court for the capital city of Warsaw in Warsaw, 13th Economic Department of the National Court Register under the number KRS 0000047237, REGON 012005407, VAT ID: 5270022391, share capital: PLN 21,892,500 (hereinafter referred to as “DHL”).Początek formularza
Terms and Conditions of the Logistic Operator applicable to each respective Logistic Operator, the regulations are available at the following addresses:
- DPD: https://www.dpd.com.pl/
- UPS: http://www.ups.com/
- TNT: http://www.tnt.com/express/pl/
- FedEx: https://www.fedex.com/pl-pl/
- DHL: http://dhl.pl/
Please note that the links provided correspond to the Terms and Conditions of DPD, UPS, TNT, FedEx, and DHL, respectively.
Orders and Payments
- All prices are given in euros (EUR),include VAT, do not include information about any customs fees, and do not include delivery costs.
- The price listed for each product (excluding “made-to-order” items, where an approximate price is provided) is binding at the time of placing the order.
- We issue VAT invoices for all purchases.
- The store does not provide information about stock availability. If a product is out of stock, the customer will be notified as soon as possible.
- After placing an order, a confirmation email is sent to the customer to acknowledge the receipt of the order. If confirmation is not received, please contact us via email or phone.
- In the event of missing items in an order with the payment method “cash on delivery,” the customer will be promptly sent a list of available items for acceptance. The order will be fulfilled upon receiving written acceptance of the changes in the order.
- The cost of shipping depends on the shipping method and payment method chosen.
- The following payment methods are available:
- Przelewy24 (online bank transfer)
- DotPay (online payments)
- Cash on delivery (available only for orders within Poland)
- Electronic payments and card payments through the Przelewy24 service are accepted.
- For prepayment orders, the order will be processed upon receipt of payment for the ordered goods.
- Discounts are subject to the payment method and purchase value.
- For “made-to-order” items, a deposit of up to 40% of the ordered goods’ value may be required.
- Detailed conditions for “made-to-order” items will be sent to the customer for acceptance.
- To cancel an order, the customer must send an email to email@example.com.
- Please provide the order number, order date, and the name/company name of the purchaser.
- Changes to an order can be made until the order is shipped by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please provide the order number, order date, the name/company name of the purchaser, and the scope of the changes.
- The store reserves the right to refuse “cash on delivery” payment if the customer did not pick up the last cash-on-delivery order.
- If the customer chooses electronic or card payment, the payment must be made within 5 calendar days from the date of the sales agreement.
- The seller reserves the right to change prices and delivery costs, especially in the case of changes in service pricing by delivery providers. This provision does not apply to already placed orders.
- Products on promotion (as described in a separate promotion policy) have a limited quantity, and orders will be fulfilled on a first-come, first-served basis until the stock is depleted.
- For personalized products (made according to customer’s specifications), the seller individually negotiates the price and fulfillment time with the customer via email.
- For orders of personalized products placed through email or the Order Form, the seller begins processing the order after the customer makes a 50% prepayment of the total order amount. The remaining balance must be paid by the customer before the seller ships the product.
- Personalized products are not eligible for returns.
Complaints and Returns
Complaints about faulty products
- A complaint about a faulty product must be submitted in writing and signed by the complainant. The complaint should be sent to the email address: email@example.com.
- It is recommended to use the complaint form available at the end of the terms and conditions.
- The faulty product should be returned/delivered to the address provided by the store.
- Complaints will be processed within 10 business days.
- The results of the complaint will be provided in writing, including proposed solutions to the problem, and will be sent to the email address provided by the complainant.
Right to return unused products
- In accordance with the Consumer Rights Act of May 30, 2014 (Journal of Laws 2014, item 827, as amended), the consumer has the right to withdraw from the contract in writing within 14 days from the date of receiving the product. Declaration of contract withdrawal.
- The product should be returned or otherwise delivered within a maximum of 14 days from the date of contract withdrawal, along with proof of purchase, to the company address: 123labs.eu Sp. z o.o., Biała 47A, 58-124 Marcinowice. The product and the written contract withdrawal can be sent together in one shipment. We do not accept cash-on-delivery returns. The consumer bears the direct costs of returning the products.
- The product must be complete and in an undamaged condition, considering that the consumer has examined it in a manner typically accepted for a given product in a traditional (brick-and-mortar) store.
- The refund will be issued to the consumer within 7 business days from the date of the store’s receipt of the returned product. The cost of returning the product by the consumer is non-refundable.
- Administrator – refers to 123labs.eu Sp. z o.o., based in Wrocław (50-020), ul. J. Piłsudskiego 74/320, which provides electronic services and stores and gains access to information on User devices.
- Cookies – refers to computer data, especially small text files, stored and stored on devices through which the User accesses the website of the Service.
- Administrator’s Cookies – refers to Cookies placed by the Administrator, related to the provision of electronic services by the Administrator through the Service.
- Third-party Cookies – refers to Cookies placed by the Administrator’s partners through the Service website.
- Service – refers to the website operated by the Administrator, functioning under the domain 123camp.eu.
- Device – refers to an electronic device through which the User accesses the Service’s websites.
- User – refers to the entity for whom, in accordance with the Terms and legal regulations, electronic services may be provided or with whom an Agreement for the provision of electronic services may be concluded.
Types of Cookies Used
- The Cookies used by the Administrator are safe for the User’s Device. In particular, it is not possible for viruses or any unwanted or malicious software to access the User’s Devices through these Cookies. These files allow the identification of the software used by the User and customize the Service to each User individually. Cookies usually contain the domain name from which they originate, the duration of their storage on the Device, and an assigned value.
- The Administrator uses two types of cookies:
- Session Cookies: They are stored on the User’s Device and remain there until the end of the browser session. The stored information is then permanently deleted from the Device’s memory. The session cookies mechanism does not allow the retrieval of any personal data or confidential information from the User’s Device.
- Persistent Cookies: They are stored on the User’s Device and remain there until they are deleted. Ending the browser session or turning off the Device does not remove them from the User’s Device. The persistent cookies mechanism does not allow the retrieval of any personal data or confidential information from the User’s Device.
- The User has the option to limit or disable access to cookies on their Device. If this option is chosen, it may limit the use of certain functions of the Service that inherently require cookies.
Purposes of Using Cookies
- The Administrator uses their own Cookies for the proper configuration of the service, particularly for:
- Customizing the content of the Service’s web pages to the User’s preferences and optimizing the use of the Service’s web pages.
- The Administrator uses their own Cookies for user authentication on the website and ensuring user sessions on the website, particularly for:
- Maintaining the User’s session on the Service (after logging in), so that the User does not have to re-enter their login and password on every subpage of the Service.
- Properly configuring selected Service functions, especially for verifying the authenticity of the browser session.
- Optimizing and improving the performance of services provided by the Administrator.
- The Administrator uses their own Cookies to carry out processes necessary for the full functionality of the web pages, particularly for:
- Customizing the content of the Service’s web pages to the User’s preferences and optimizing the use of the Service’s web pages. These files allow the recognition of the User’s basic device parameters and display the web page accordingly, tailored to their individual needs.
- The Administrator uses their own Cookies for analysis, research, and auditing of viewership, particularly for creating anonymous statistics that help understand how Service Users use the Service’s web pages, enabling the improvement of their structure and content.
- The service Administrator uses external Cookies to present multimedia content on the Service’s web pages, which is obtained from an external website, www.youtube.com (external cookie administrator: Google Inc., based in the USA).
- The service Administrator uses external Cookies to collect general and anonymous statistical data through Google Analytics analytical tools (external cookie administrator: Google Inc., based in the USA).
- The service Administrator uses external Cookies to promote the service through social media platforms plus.google.com (external cookie administrator: Google Inc., based in the USA).
- The service Administrator uses external Cookies to promote the service through social media platforms Facebook.com (external cookie administrator: Facebook Inc., based in the USA or Facebook Ireland, based in Ireland).
Options for Setting Storage or Access Conditions by Cookies
- Users can independently and at any time change the settings regarding Cookies, determining the conditions for their storage and access by Cookies to the User’s device. The User can make changes to the settings mentioned in the previous sentence using the settings of their internet browser or through service configuration. These settings can be changed, for example, to block the automatic handling of Cookies in the internet browser settings or to be notified each time Cookies are placed on the User’s device. Detailed information on the possibilities and methods of handling Cookies is available in the software settings (internet browser).
- Internet Explorer browser
- Mozilla Firefox browser
- Chrome browser
- Safari browser
- Opera browser
- Users can delete Cookies at any time using the available functions in the internet browser they use.
SAMPLE WITHDRAWAL FORM
Consumer’s information: __________________________________
Seller’s information: __________________________________
I / We (*) hereby withdraw from the contract of sale of the following goods:
Date of receiving the goods:
Consumer’s full name / Name (-s):
Please refund the paid price of the goods to the following bank account: Consumer’s signature (-s) (only if the form is sent in paper version)
*Delete as appropriate